Data Privacy Statement
In this notice we inform you about the processing of personal data gathered during visits of the website https://www.ep1.rub.de. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally. On other websites of Ruhr-University Bochum, different terms and conditions may apply.
Description and Extent of Data Processing
During every access of our website, data about the connecting device are collected as these are necessary in order to display the information on our website (necessary for the provision of information, legal basis: Article 6(1)(e) DSGVO). The following data are processed:
- information about type and version of the browser,
- information about the operating system of the user,
- the IP address of the user,
- date and time of the access,
- websites that redirected the user’s system to our website.
These data are also stored in the log files of our system in anonymised form. A storage of these data along with other personal data of the user does not take place. The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO. The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary for the purpose of delivering the website to the user’s device. To that end, the user’s IP address needs to remain stored during the entire session. The storage in log files is employed so as to ensure the viability of the website. Furthermore, the data serve the purposes of optimizing the website and ensuring the security of our IT systems. In this context, an evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place.
These objectives constitute our legitimate interest in data processing according to Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO.
If you contact us by email, the data imparted by you (such as your email address and other information provided by you) will be processed and stored by us in order to answer your query. Records of this kind will be preserved for a period of 5 years at Ruhr-Universität Bochum (necessary for the task, obligation of preservation as defined by the policy of Ruhr-Universität, legal basis: Article 6(1)(e)).
Your Rights as a Data Subject
If your personal data is being processed, you are a data subject as defined by DSGVO and you are entitled to the following rights against the responsible authority:
- You can demand a statement as to whether personal data concerning you is processed. In the case such data processing occurs, you can demand information regarding the objective, the data, the origin of the data, the recipients of the data (including international data transfer), and the storage period.
- You are entitled to a correction of the data, if they are incorrect or incomplete. Under various conditions you are entitled to have the data erased or to have its processing limited. In particular those data you provided voluntarily must be erased upon your withdrawal of consent. In case data has been transfered, the deletion also involves the recipients and we will inform you about these recipients of your data.
Questions and complaints can always be directed towards the responsible supervisory authority, i.e., the county commissioner for data protection of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz NRW, https://ldi.nrw.de).